Friday, February 28, 2014

Mint Card

"The sun is up, I'm so happy I could scream, and there's nowhere else in the world I'd rather be than here with you." I know that The Cure is known for depressing music, but some of my favorite music of theirs is really upbeat and ridiculously happy (this song included). So I honestly can't say that this song inspired my card. In all reality I just like this image from A Day from Daisies, and I really just wanted to color it and make her hair mint green (because I would love to have such fabulously colored hair myself...but I have a respectable job, and will have to wait until I'm much, much older before I will ever be able to pull that off...as I like to say, when I go gray, i will play (and more specifically I will play with hair color like mint green and more!))

So that just about sums up this card, I really wanted the main character to have mint green hair. This card was designed for Dutch Paper Crafts and features an embossing folder by Lifestyle Crafts called Tile. I think this embossing folder is a really nice one, and works well for a basic "wallpaper" background. I used some plaid paper to balance and offset the background (because one color backgrounds are really boring to me, and I need more out of life than just one color). I still thought it needed something and so then I added the silver embellishments, and with that thought the card looked complete.

Thanks for visiting me on my blog, and don't forget to check out Dutch Paper Crafts as they have a variety of items to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment