Sunday, June 16, 2013

I Like Birds

"If you're small and on a perch, I've got a feeder for you to perch on...I like birds," thank you to Eels for such a fun song to listen and whistle to. I'd like to say that they are what inspired my card...however it would have been more fitting if I'd just named it after the Beetles "Blackbird" song...I only added colored birds at the suggestion of my sister...so many thanks to her because it did make this card much lovelier with the addition of more birds in a variety of colors.

So now that you know the background now when you see this image, you can sing both of these songs in the back of your head...and if you happen to be singing the song by the Eels...well, I'm not sure how at that point in your day you can't be having the best day ever...because that song is like magic...in that it makes you happy and simulates the feeling of having the best day ever. If it so happens that you choose to sing Blackbird by the Beetles...it's still a great day, just on a much more even-keeled laid back sort of way (which is equally good!)

This card was made for Dutch Paper Crafts...by this point I'm certain you all know that I am lucky enough to be on their design team.

I used the following things when creating this card:  Memory Box: Resting Birds (98527), and Grand Oak Tree (98462), and Set of Swings (98463)...of course I like to use random scraps of paper, so that is what most of the paper is...and naturally corrugated cardboard to make the card feel a bit more earthy.




1 comment:

  1. I love those dies you used and what a good eye for design. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Carol

    ReplyDelete