Friday, February 28, 2014

I Love Rock and Roll

"I love rock and roll, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby"...thank you Joan Jett for being the inspiration behind this next card. I really wanted to draw a rocker chick...don't ask me why. It's just what I wanted to do (my mom had her reservations that maybe this was a bit too edgy for the design team...but I beg to differ.) I mean honestly, who wouldn't want to rock some star glasses along with a shirt that has a star on it...and the spikey blue hair...right on!

Rock chic apparel and accessories aside, this card was designed for Dutch Paper Crafts. I'm on their design team, and the embossing folders are really what I used to create this card and the entire concept. The embossing folders are by Lifestyle Crafts and are called Twinkle and they have two different cards in the pack, both which have stars...the copper paper shows the one version of a typical 5 pointed star, and the blue paper shows the other folder which is a 7 pointed star. So you can see that really this entire card is based off of the concept of a rock star.

Just a reminder that embossing folders can be versatile, you can use either side (so they can be convex or concave, I decided to use the 5 pointed star in a convex manner and the 7 pointed star is concave which I thought helped give more depth and interest to the card).

The image of the rock star was drawn by me using a few different photos as my inspiration. Have fun using this concept for any of your designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment